Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Carnival


We have had a great weekend, what a good way to finish up BMX for us. The Christmas Carnival was my fourth, started with a Christmas Carnival and finished with one, and we all had a great time.


The weather was not too bad, it is usually stinking hot (two years ago we had record temperatures of 37-38 degrees C) and no breeze. It was hot but not so much, and we had a lovely breeze for much of the weekend and it helped that we were sitting under some huge trees.




My partner in crime and life won all his races for 40year+ men, (he always looks good on the track, as he has a much more athletic body than me, whereas I just sort of blob around the track, not athletic at all but can't be bothered being embarrassed about it). I came last in all of mine but that is alright, I didn't do too bad seeing there was only one lady older than me and the rest were seven years younger and 25 years younger (and that is my excuse and I am sticking to it). Our number one and only son enjoyed himself and did well too, I could see the colour of his braces as he zoomed past which means to me that he was smiling (not grimacing).




We sat in our usual carnival spot at the top of the start hill where you can see everything, next to the people we always sit next to and other friends sitting with us too. There is always someone to talk to and there is always the danger of missing your race so mustn't get too carried away.


This is my little twinny, she is my twin as she has the same pants as me, she is eight years old and just started at the beginning of the year and usually rides against the boys. This carnival there were three girls (three is a class) so she rode with the girls, this was a surprise to her as her cruel father didn't tell her :) and she was wondering why her name wasn't called with the boys. Well, she was pretty happy to be riding with girls, she did very well.


We are going to miss our friends from BMX, and hope to keep in touch with some of them (shouldn't be too hard really, we all live in the town just have busy lives) but it is time to do something else. We have loved BMX, but we have been dragging our heels a bit this year, particularly the second half of the year, so before we start to really hate it we have decided to move on to kayaking (yay).


Finish on a high and have lots of great memories. There are so many things we want to do in life and we can't do them all at once, so we have to pace ourselves, financially as well as time wise. Our list of things we want to do is long, and some are things we have to do before our bodies are unable to do them (it really hurts when you fall off a bike, you just don't bounce the same as you did when much younger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment