Monday, September 6, 2010

I Love Technology

I have a new laptop and it has all the mod cons in it. It is so much faster than the old one and can do all sorts of things, fast. I was starting to get to the point where it was becoming a hassle to use the old one, and the final thing was when our number one and only son brought home his USB stick with a school assignment on it and it wouldn't work. The laptop was so old that it just wouldn't open it up, so that was it, the old one still works (slowly) but any modern software won't work on it, so now we are all technologied (I can say it therefore it is a word) up :D



However, despite all the technology, we still want the simple life, and I have been doing some cooking. I have a thing for peanut butter at the moment so I have been making peanut butter slice and biscuits, so yummy that I have pretend that they don't exist or I will eat them all ;)


I am going to a friend's place for a couple of days for a retreat, the first day I will be coming home at the end of the day, but the next day when I return I will be taking our number one and only son with me, and the tent. It should be good with lots of homemade food and cups of tea and good company, I think there will be about ten or so people there. I have made two banana cakes to take and I will be making quiche and a salmon mornay as well, can't wait to get there and have some food :D


I have picked a lonely cucumber out of the garden and also some more corn, there are many beans and the tomatoes are slowly starting to ripen. The pumpkin patch is getting larger and I can't wait until we have pumpkins on it.

The reticulation in the garden is slowly starting to work the way I want it to, still some more tweaking as I find patches of garden that are being missed by the water. The next bit to do will either be the other mounded gardens but I think they can wait as I haven't finished building them, so I will probably do the orchard, which is going along rather well. I think before I put reticulation in the orchard I will plant some more trees first, if I am going to do that much work I want to have as many trees in as I can.

Well, no rest for the wicked, have to have our home clean and tidy before deserting for a few days, get out the gear to take away, cook food to take away and get our dinner for tonight started. I need another me to help me :P

No comments:

Post a Comment